The Super Eagles of Nigeria have been drawn in Group A of the AFCON 2023 qualifiers, alongside Sierra Leone, Guinea-Bissau, and the winner of the tie between Sao Tome and Mauritius.
The draw for the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying series was conducted on Tuesday evening.
The last edition of the tournament played in January/February this year the Super Eagles of Nigeria failed to get past the round of 16.
While the Current holders of the trophy, Senegal are in Group L with Benin Republic, Mozambique, and Rwanda. The qualifiers will start in June 2022.
- Group A: Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Guinea-Bissau, Sao Tome e Principe or Mauritius.
- Group B: Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Togo, Eswatini.
- Group C: Cameroon, Kenya, Namibia, Burundi.
- Group D: Egypt, Guinea, Malawi, Ethiopia
- Group E: Ghana, Madagascar, Angola, Central African Republic
- Group F: Algeria, Uganda, Niger, Tanzania
- Group G: Mali, Congo Brazzaville, Gambia, South Sudan
- Group H: Ivory Coast (hosts), Zambia, Comoros, Lesotho
- Group I: Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Mauritania, Sudan
- Group J: Tunisia, Equatorial Guinea, Libya, Botswana
- Group K: Morocco, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Liberia
- Group L: Senegal (holders), Benin, Mozambique, Rwanda