Fire Guts Varsity Hostel

Properties worth hundreds of thousands of naira were destroyed after fire gutted no fewer than six rooms at the girls hostel of Igbinedion University in Edo State.

According to reports, the fire which started around 9pm on Wednesday, June 29, 2022, in one of the rooms, was caused by an electrical fault.

A source who pleaded anonymity explained that a gas cylinder in one of and the fire escalated beyond the room.

Fortunately, there was no casualty as the students were out of the hostels for their sign out party.

See also  EDOPOLY: Mass Communication Students Thrill Guest With Sublimed Cultural Display
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
1 Comment
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Otike Emmanuel
Otike Emmanuel
June 30, 2022 5:15 pm

What a big lost